View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawlins27 View Post
I've been through exactly the same thing except I'm 32 and we were together for 11 years. And I had the exact same trust issues, it's normal to feel this way.

However, it's been 2 years. You need some closure or you will never be able to move on. You need to ask yourself why you haven't removed him from your life yet and deal with those issues. Write this down "Why do I allow him to still be a part of my life?" Think about it for a while and then jot down some answers. You'll be surprised at what comes out.

I think the letter to him is a great idea! Here's my suggestion, write the letter but don't send it just yet. Get all of your feelings out on paper and tell him just what he did to you and exactly how you feel. Be honest with your feelings. Put the letter away for at least two weeks and then reread it and decide whether or not you still want to send it. Odds are that just writing everything down will help you to deal with the emotions you have been feeling all this time and have kept bottled up. Only after you've acknowledged those feelings will you be strong enough to move on to your new life and leave him behind!

Thanks for the advice I have written him about 100 letters. Another one last night. I know I won't send it but I keep writing them anyways, hoping one day the anger, bitterness will go away.
Also you are right... I SOOOO need to purge him from my life!!! Actually I need to also get rid of all the wedding stuff too. I think Im going to take it all to good will. Ive tried to sell it bc I could use the money badly but it won't sell. I guess wedding gowns are not big sellers except in a bridal store. So Im going to throw away the remaining EVERYTHING from the wedding that I had so that I can get it out of my house. Just knowing its there keeps it too close to the front of my mind. And HE needs to go too!

Thanks ladies... I wish I were not going through this at 31 though!!! I REALLY want a husband and child. I just need to find the right guy for me and it takes time. Guess Im just slow at finding *him*!! I could kick myself for spending sooo much time with the WRONG guy... but whats done is done! No regrets!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!