View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #10
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrijmkassie View Post
Thanks wylies mom, I printed your response and am going to go on a quest for both the chewies and kibble this weekend. I am off to the states this weekend christmas shopping so should be able to find both there. Is the kibble you mentioned allergy safe for sure? I dont want Kass to get any kind of set back, she is 100% back to herself. A good thing I think but she used to be pretty quiet hiding out in the closet lol.
Well...if she's doing better, then maybe don't change anything - but I wouldn't keep her on it long term. Orijen is made in Canada - so it should be easy to find for you (you lucky thing!).

Here are the ingredients in Orijen:

Ingredients:
Fresh salmon (includes chinook. coho and sockeye species), salmon meal, russet potato, herring meal, fresh lake whitefish, sweet potato, fresh lake trout, fresh Northern walleye, freshwater cod, fresh herring, sunflower oil, salmon oil (preserved with mixed tocopherals, a natural source of vitamin E), sun-cured alfalfa, dried sea vegetables (brown kelp, Irish moss, dulse and bladder wrack), leeks, psyllium, crab shell, rosemary, lecithin, apples, black currants..
TONIC HERBS AND BOTANICALS
Chicory root (FOS), licorice root, fennel seed, zea mays, peppermint leaf, marigold flowers, chamomile flowers, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, rosehips.
ORGANIC MINERALS
Iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate.
PROBIOTIC MICROORGANISMS
Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product..
PREMIUM VITAMINS
Mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E), choline chloride, vitamin A, vitamin D3, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B12, folic acid, biotin, pyridoxine (source of vitamin B6).

Pretty good stuff! Maybe talk w/ your vet next time about using Orijen for the long term?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!