Thread: I am worried
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

My Shelby is almost 16 weeks old and she was just like your pup when we got her (4 weeks ago). She is still NOT a great eater, but we are getting there. I tried every kind of combo pet food, baby food, dry food, people food combo possible.

Things that work for us.

1) If your dog likes Nutrical, put a little on a few pieces of kibble and leave it in her bowl or try to hand feed to her. (chop up kibble first ?)
2) Play a game with the kibble...throw a piece and see if she will run and get a piece, maybe even eat a few.
3) Go to Petco and buy a 99 cent sample roll of Natural Balance. It's good dog food that can be used as a treat. (see post above) I chop it up for Shelby as a meal sometimes. (Better than baby food right?)
4) Take the food away, don't let her have anything for a few hours. Then "present" the food as if it's the greatest thing ever.

Good luck. Shelby is still a work in progress but yesterday I tried the Nutro that everyone on the board recommends. She seems to like it! She ate 12 whole kibble OUT OF HER BOWL in one sitting. Exciting.

Last edited by shelbysmom; 07-21-2005 at 10:41 AM.
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!