View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #9
HHansen
Yorkie Talker

Please look lower and read my posts --- my Yorkie "Jeter" is going through the same thing, with very similar symptoms -- The vet originally though that it was pancreatitis but its turned out to be something else, yet unknown.

You didn't say what the results of his CBC were --- very important. Pancreas doesn't show up very well on x-rays, you will need an ultrasound.

If it is pancreatisis the treatment is several days no food or drink, just IV nutrients and then slowing introduce food - starting with either special dog food the science diet ID or you can give boiled chicken/chopped meat. If the blood sugars show low, you may need to add some karo syrup to the mix. Once he gets better you need to watch his diet very closely.

One thing I would recommend to all yorkie owners is that when you go in for their annual checkup is to get the baseline CBC (complete blood count) -- that way if something happens the vet has a baseline to compare against --- my Jeters issues would be much easier to diagnose if we had an idea of what his normal values were.

My prayers are with you.
HHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!