View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

toby is 5 months and pad trained....... im sorry i know most of you people dont approve of this kind of disciplin.... but..... i tried to be nice and just let his accidents slide (unless i actually SAW him going where he wasnt supposed to and then i said no bad dog.... ) well..... i didnt find this approach at all helpful, it seemed to confuse him because he couldnt figure out why it was ok then but not ok now..... so, i changed tactics, when i found an accident on the floor (whether i saw him do it or not) i "puffed" myself up to look more threatening and gave him a little smack on the bottom and told him he was a very bad dog and put him where he was supposed to go...... (the smackign part is what most yorkie owners dont approve of, but before you guys judge or start to lecture, toby actually LIKES to be spanked during play time, and it is never hard . ...hehe...... i have a dog with a spanking fetish)..... after this approach he finally got the picture that no matter what, if it wasnt on the pee pad he was going to get in trouble, ..... this is what worked for me, but like i said i tried other methods that didnt work...... so i did experiment
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!