View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
pokche
Senior Yorkie Talker

Did you change his diet or give him any different food lately? Mine has had a severe pancreatitis but it was from table food.
She was so sick she was on IV for 4 days and almost died. It was a sudden change in diet. They are really prone to pancreatitis... If ou see your dog getting worse and dehydrating bring it to the vet immidiately.
Do you have any NutriCal handy? That will help. Try not to feed him for 24 hour and give him water and NutriCal so the pancreas will cleaned itself. I read an article saying that a lot of people continue feeding their dogs when they have a pancreatitis... but this can be wrong and can make it worse. It has to clean itself. Often dogs will not eat when this happens... It's a way to let you know that something is not good. But of course you have to give them something light so it doesn't have hypoglecimia. His shaking could be from that too if he doesn't eat a lot. That's how it all started for me. But I gave her Honey until we figure out what was wrong... it helped her but she kept on getting worse getting worse and worse....

Is he vomiting? Is there any more symptoms? Do you find his ears cold? Is he getting yellowish? What do you feed him at the moment?

Be careful and good luck.

Last edited by pokche; 11-06-2007 at 06:59 AM.
pokche is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!