View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #7
lucynfred
Senior Yorkie Talker

Luca Dean came home with us when he was 5 months, and we've had him since Jan. 3rd. So, in the 5 weeks we've had him, he's made awesome progress with the potty trainig. He has one accident about every other day or so now. What I did was put a wee pad in my bathroom and took him there and said 'go wee wee" about 12 times a day the first two weeks. This got old fast. I treated him too if he went, and he soon discovered if he went, he got a treat. Soon, he was going in there about once an hour and doing a little bit just to get a treat. The third week (I think) he reversed on us and started peeing wherever for a few days b/c I had slacked off taking him to his wee pad so much. We got the Pee Pee (odor remover, same as Miracle stuff mentioned by Dolce's mom) and he started going to his wee pad again. We tried crating him, but with two other dogs running free, he acted like he was being punished. We gave up on that, and at this point, as long as I cover his accident spots w/ the odor elimntr. and treat him when I see him go on the wee pad, he's about 90% without accidents. It takes so much consistency!!!! But the payoff is worth it. Good luck, and hang in there.
lucynfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!