View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 AM   #12
ingallsra
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycansmom
Ya know i am tired of the chubby prejudice that goes on in this world. We wonder why our young children are developing eating disorders but hello the media shoves down our throat that we must be thin to be "beautiful". Then there is the clothing industries oh yeah they make plus size clothes but most of them ARENT VERY CUTE i am 26 and i usually have a choice between something that looks like an 80 yr old would wear it or something a 16yr old would wear. I know 200 lbs is bigger than average and I DONT CARE i deserve to be treated like anyone else no matter how much i weigh.
I completely sympathize. I'm 27 and have battled my weight for years. I go anywhere from a size 10 to a 14/16. I weigh 185 lbs right now and am a size 14. My doctor said that they are now using a BMI chart because the standard government height to weight chart is very inaccurate. According to the gov't chart I should be 110-120 lbs. My doctor said I would be emaciated at that weight due to my build and frame. According to the BMI chart, I should be 140 to 160 lbs.
My dad has always hounded me about my weight. He says my doctor's nuts and that maybe I'd have a boyfriend if I weren't fat. My dad has always been overweight, and he obsesses about it. I know he doesn't mean to hurt me, but the comments are pretty hard to swallow. I probably wouldn't hardly think about my weight it if it weren't for him. It has taught me one thing though....if I ever have kids, I will love them for who they are, not what they look like. And I will tell them that a person's value comes from the kind of person they are, not their body type.
It is the media's fault for our perceptions of what a woman should look like. It's okay for a guy to have a little tummy, but God forbid if a woman isn't rail thin (nothing against thin people--they've been blessed with a great metabolism). And it isn't always the case that an "overweight" person has no self control and can't stop eating. I have relatives that eat several times as much as I do, and they are thin. Genetics certainly play a significant role.
There is so much more to life than what we look like--the world would be a happier the sooner more people realized that and left us "chubby" people alone.
ingallsra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!