View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 PM   #11
Yorkie_GirL
Oreo,Ginger&Cloey Owned
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie
I completely agree!
The media has a big impact on life and little kids can be very cruel and larger kids are subjected to this which only makes them more of what they are.

When I was in middle school, I weighed 130 at 5'4. It was pretty large for me. My whole entire family is thin. I had zero friends and people who I would befriend were not really my "friends". I was concentrated more on school than anything else because that's all I had to count on. When I got into high school, I was sick of having a double chin and a huge belly so I stopped eating. I would only eat once a day and it was rat-portions. I would pretty much starve myself The media and all the thin celebrities, thin cheerleaders, and thin people in general made me want to be them.

By the time I was 17, I was 5'6 and weighed in at mid 90lbs. I still thought I was fat. So, I cut back even more. I stopped drinking Coke, I stopped eating. The only thing I would eat was rice and soysauce. Or, a roll of French Bread.

I developed anemia, hypo-thyroidism and I am borderline diabetic.

I think I went through that stage where I wanted to fit in. And, it was the media's fault for me. Flipping through those magazines seeing all those girls wearing nice fitted outfits. I pretty much wanted to be them.

Now I'm almost 21 and realize that it's not about image at all. I am 5'7 and weigh in at 110. I finally come to realize that I should love me for me. As my boyfriend puts it.. "you're just happy and well-fed".
that was very well said.. i never knew that Natalie!!

But i have to agree with everyone here.. The Media has so much influence... i used to be toothpick skinny as well.. when i was a freshman in highschool i was 5'0 (still am haha).. and almost 90 pounds wearing a double zero..(talk about ewww skinny).. and when I met my boyfriend (that i'm still currently with today).. and gained a LOT of weight.. my own family kind of disowned me.. my mother would call my a fat pig.. blah blah blah.. i had no friends.. .. these so called friends in high school would only use me for my kindness.. so i too only concentrated on my studies..

now i'm 19 still short at 5'0... but lost weight (from 150 to 115).. and sometimes.. people still never think it's enough.. i know i have some extra skin and pudge.. but i'm happy and that's all that ever matters

all though sometimes it does hurt when i can't wear the sexy clothes my peers wear without getting the .. look
Yorkie_GirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!