View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
fourdez
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
You guys, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about this. I need to make the appointment to get Coco spayed. She is almost 20 weeks (5 months). I want to do it before she gets her period. She's just so small and the idea of leaving her to go under is too much to bear. I am getting teary thinking of leaving her alone. I wonder if her vet would let me stay with her. I'm so scared but I know I have to do this. HELP ME DO THIS!!!! I know it won't be a hoot to her but I'm scared.
Desi was spayed last Monday, as I was driving to the vets office I kept saying to myself " I will not cry" "I will not cry". I told myself "millions of dogs get this done all the time." I was ok until the vet told me she had to stay overnight... that was it !! Lost it !! My eyes started filling up and I said no way I can leave her overnight, absolutely NOT !!! My poor vet, she took one look at me and said " ok..ok.. pick her up by 6 pm. She got through it just fine, much better than I did. (she is 7 months - 3 1/2 lbs.) by the next morning, she was back to normal.
fourdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!