Thread: Gorgeous Coats
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 AM   #12
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
To get a gorgeous coat you really have to take care with the dog. They need to be kept off carpeting, because when they rub and roll on it, that breaks the hair, they should have satin covered pillows to lay on in their beds, or they should be covered with a soft cotton material. They should be oiled and wrapped to prevent breakage, and to help the hair grow. It is a lot of work keeping a show dogs coat looking good, which is why most show people cut down their dogs after they receive their championships. Much, much easier to care for.
hehe - Mine roll in the grass - the patio and lay ALL over the house - I have a satin pillow and Cheri peed on it - the only wrapping they have is on the floor chewed into pieces - does that count ?

just fooling with you - you're right - it IS alot of work - which is why I don't stress too much about my girls - they have long hair and when it stops being fun - or gets to hard to maintain - it will be cut - but for now - it's pretty easy to manage...it just takes daily maintenance just like our own hair.

With lots of love and patience (and good grooming products) We all can have the best yorkie possible - and each is special and gorgeous in their own way !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!