View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default Strangers wanting to pick your baby up...

I just came back from a holiday visiting my family in Essex and had a fab time..it was the first time i had taken Pixie away on holiday with me and she was so well behaved and of course she was the star everywhere we took her! A couple of people wanted to pick her up when meeting her which makes me very nervous..mainly because i am terrified of someone dropping her..she's very tiny and has a very slight frame and if she was dropped i dread to think what would happen. One lady i met had a little 16 year old pomeranian, she was very pleasant but asked me if she could 'take Pixie and show her to her friend' who was a little way down the beach from us. she was ready to take her out of my arms! my reaction was maybe a little rude..i said, 'oh no! i'm sorry but you can't hold her'! i then explained that she wriggles quite alot and i was worried she would be dropped... she looked a little surprised and said something about being used to wriggly puppies. I might have been a little abrupt but i'm so paranoid with her..i'm constantly looking for hazards everywhere we go with her..children, traffic. large dogs etc etc. How do you guys all deal with people wanting to pick up your babies? especially children..a little girl asked to hold her too and i said the same thing about her being a bit wriggly...i could tell the mother thought i was being a bit mean by not letting her daughter hold her.

Last edited by kezza; 10-27-2007 at 08:38 AM.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!