View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 AM   #7
ItsyBitsy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
In my opinion I think wet food is so much better for them than kibble. Kibble is so dry and overprocessed and lacks moisture so they have to drink a lot more water to stay hydrated. Witht he canned food, it's a lot less processed and the moisture is good for them. Dry food really doesn't help with their teeth either (it would be like eating a cookie and expecting it to clean your teeth...it just gets gunky on your teeth...). Just make sure you choose a premium brand of canned food
I agree with MyFairLacy. It's a fallacy that dry food cleans teeth. When the teeth crunches down on the kibble, the whole kibble breaks apart, so how the heck is that cleaning the teeth? Kibble is also not hard enough to mimic the effects of chewing on bones to reduce air pockets in the gums.

So, if you want to feed a premium quality canned food all the time, that is fine. Regardless if you feed wet or dry, you should give your baby hard things (like beef soup bones) to chew and make sure you brush their teeth.
ItsyBitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!