View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah View Post
I was hoping to keep him on kibble but if homecooking is what it takes to get my lil boy better then I am in. I will try the probiotic, thanks for the suggestion. Still waiting for the test results but I am starting think that he has a food allergy too. I have stopped giving him chicken all together about two weeks ago and saw a tiny improvement but it still feels like a up hill battle. I will also look into trying Wellness, I can only pray at this point. I will say though that it doesn't help that he EATS everything he can find, no matter how small or big.
I just reviewed the kibble you're currently feeding; it's pretty good - maybe it's the rice though, some dogs are sensitive even to rice. If you want to stay in the Cal. Natural line - they do have a kibble called Herring and Sweet Potato - so you could see how he does on fish. That kibble and the Wellness are about the same quality. Both kibbles are a bit low in protein, so you could cook some whitefish and throw it in w/ the kibble.

Another thing I do, as recommended by the nutritionist, is add fiber to the diet. The best way is canned pumpkin, but for me, the easiest way is to ad a pinch of Benefiber - bc Marcel is so very small and adding in yet another food (pumpkin) was just way too much food for him. So, we do the pinch of benefiber (it's the only fiber supplement the nutritionist recommends).

Keep us posted on what happens w/ his tests. Hang in there!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 10-24-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!