Thread: Losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #31
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I don't know how in the world it would have been possible for me to pay for my own car at only 16 years old..even 18! You're still a kid and in highschool then. I was in school from 8-3:30 every day and was in dance classes 3-4 days a week for normally 2-4 hours each day after school. I did work for a vet all throughout highschool - usually only about 6-8 hours a week during the school year (making min. wage) and then worked like 20 hours or maybe more a week there in the summer. I was so busy with school and dance that I didn't have time to make enough money to buy a car. And shouldn't kids be allowed to be kids to a point and not have to start working at 14 years old to earn enough money for a car? Having to go to work so young to make all that money seems like it would make kids grow up too fast...and grades might suffer as well and the kids would miss out on normal kid activities like sports, dance, etc. I guess I "earned" my cars by being a good kid and making good grades...but there is no way I could have paid for a car on my own.

Last edited by MyFairLacy; 10-19-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!