View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Maximus
Yorkie Yakker

Default 6monthe and still training, please help...

Hello. I am a new member, just joined yesterday. I have been reading many posts since I got Maximus, who is 7.5 inches tall and 3.5 pounds now at 6months. You all sound very sweet, sincere and nice. So I decided to join!
But here is my big concern since the day I got him on 11/23/04. He was then 3.5 months old. He was kind of good about going on the pad but soon as he came to my house (which has up and down stairs) he lost it. It was my big mistake to give him the access to the house in the beginning. Then I confined his space to my room only. He became ok with it, half the times going on the pad. Then he became pretty good b/c after all failed, I tried a "treat method" as a last resort and it worked alright. So I took him out of the room when I am watching him. Now he is pretty good about not pottying outside my room b/c I take him to potty in my room every 4 hours. But then some days he will be bad about it. Twice he pottyed on bathroom floor when I go to bathroom, whihc is right next to my room. I think he thinks that since I go there, it's ok to do it there or something. And twice last week and yesterday, he would just potty in my room carpet, not on the pad! Yesterday, I went upstairs (I had a bad feeling already) and found his pee on the carpet on the door way, about a foot away from the pad. What to do?? Please me, I had my share of pain and suffering from his peeing everywhere. I tried everything. But I didn't try a "treat method" and that worked better than anything else. But still, he would not go potty by himself; I have to take him there and put him on the pad. I think if he was not taken to his pad, he will pee anywhere he likes. Is this gonna go on forever? Please, some of you had a yorkie for many years so you must know better than me. I am a first time yorkie owner. I got him as a present last Thanksgiving. I only had big dogs before. But now... I am so in love with Maximus. He is such a joy, but his persistant potty problem is wearing me down. Please help. thank you.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!