View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Breeze
Puppy Luv
Donating Member

Yes education is a great way to help. I have many people that ask me about my dogs, first question is almost always " How much did you pay for them?" The next question is usually "Which pet store did you buy from?" I do a speel about pet stores, puppymills, reputable breeders.... Sometimes I get quite the looks but I feel I am helping to educate some of them.

What Sunshine22 said about people wanting everything right away is so true and hard to fight. People want things now, think later. I think this is one reason there are so many pets in shelters...

I too found this waiting hard when I decided I wanted a yorkie it was extremely difficult to wait the weeks and even months (still waiting) to bring home both my puppies.
I saw many ads and the odd pet store with yorkies for sale but I am thankful to those that helped educate me as well as my own research to make an informed decision not to buy from them.

We need to tell others its worth the wait to know you did the best to get a healthy puppy and did not support the abuse of dogs in puppymills.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!