View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Default How weird and fishy is this

I was reading the price rant thread and remembered I had wanted to share this about my puppy purchase with Bella, who I feel I got for a steal... or maybe not

I have always bought my puppies locally from a decent looking breeder who had championship field bloodlines... hunting dogs. We started our search for a Boston terrier pup and a yorkie at the same time and weren't having any luck locally. The single pup I found sold out before I had a chance to get to look at her. The boston pups we found just didn't have the look I wanted, I had very specific markings I was wanting. I had researched the breed's online but hadn't found forums to know alot of what I learned after about buying online. I found nextdaypets.com and puppyfind.com and started my search. We weren't rushing into it but at the same time had no clue that we could have been buying from a puppy mill, I just assumed those dogs were at pet stores. So I found Chloe and we contacted the breeder and it felt right, she seemed decent so we bought her, we were then waiting on her papers. It took me a week to find Bella and it was the same type of situation where it seemed the person on the phone was honest and nice (I know my bad). This woman had only posted Bella so far because it was her first time listing on line and she got that one add up and her daughter ended up in labor and she had to go get her grandson and go to the hospital and all that fun stuff. I talked with her over a few days, she shared part of her experience with her daughter and grandson with me. She also listed a couple more pups in the meantime. Bella was shipped in and of no fault of the breeder her cage and her were so gross. she pooped all over herself and it was everywhere, along with smelly soft food with honey on it. Cleaned her up and fell in love ... ok so on to the paperwork... Chloes didn't show up when it was suppose to so my husband placed a call and with appoligies was told it would be out the next day. He did indeed receive it and it was a stellar example of what I would expect to see when buying a new puppy. The AKC paperwork of course along with a folder chocked full of information and pictures of the dam and sire. Beautiful.. I have no complaints. Then I ended up inquiring as to where Bella's paper work was, and was told it was being held up because some sort of DNA test needed to go through. Ok whatever, finally it showed. Here is the weird part. The name of the "breeder" on the paperwork is not the person who I had spoken with all these times, not even the same last name.. not even close. Is this weird? Fishy? Do you think I got her from a broker unbeknownst to me?

oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!