View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

I disagree with the use of this kind of collar for ANY small dog, especially those breeds like the yorkie and chihuahuas that can have a high instance of a collapsed trachea. She really needs to be in a harness, and I too suggest you try one of the no-pull harnesses.

I know that you are planning to use the prong collar for training only, but I think that there are other ways and tools you can use to help to train your dog.

Milli likes to pull sometimes too, and instead of the regular harness, I got her a Puppia harness a couple weeks ago. This is a thicker and wider harness, and it's padded so it's very comfortable for her, yet gives me more control when walking her with this on. Since there is more surface area to the Puppia harness, she feels it more, and therefore reacts appropriately when I give a gentle tug on her leash to correct her when she's pulling or getting ahead of me.

I urge you to look into the possiblity of a Puppia or other type of no-pull harness rather than using a prong collar.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!