View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
peanut
Dogs Rule Cats Drool!
Donating Member

okay here is my two cents worth...don't ever be afraid to ask questions on YT...yes you will get some feed back that you will not like, but I am stating the facts that I know...

I use one on my German Shepherd and it works great, it doesn't hurt him at all, as a matter of fact when he was 6 months in training the vet recommend it...and now he is over a year and I hardly ever have to pull on it...they know and its a good training tool...now the flip side...

I have 4 yorkies also, where my GSD is professional and continuous in training, well lets say my yorkies are alot different and more stubborn than Max
Max tolls the line and knows who is boss, my yorkies know and try to be the boss...

with that all said, I wouldn't put one on them no matter what because of the collapsed tracheas, they are really very delicate and it could cause do some damage..I wouldn't have said this last month, but after Lexie had a C-section, and they put the tube down her throat she is having some problems still with her throat/trachea the vet said it would clear up in time, but I am wondering if it takes something like that to hurt it then the prong collar could too...
bottom line its your dogs, and you have to do whats best for them & people that don't have yorkies or really small dogs don't see the dangers that can happen...
Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!