View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
SugarMama
YT Addict

Default Thinking of adopting two mini schnauzers - any advice?

We adopted Sugar, our Yorkie, 3 months ago and she's been wonderful. She wants a playmate but our cat thinks that dogs are beneath him and won't play w/ Sugar. We've been thinking about finding another Yorkie to adopt/rescue so I've been searching on petfinder.com but most of the Yorkies are marked as not appropriate for children - my daughters are 7 & 5 and there really aren't any close to me. Today I found two male mini schnauzers who, according to the foster mom, are wonderful dogs...great w/ other animals, love kids, housebroken, crate trained, no bad habits, UTD on shots. They are both 2 years old. These dogs have been raised together and she said she would like to adopt them out together but that they can be separated. I wouldn't want to separate them because I don't want to make the adjustment to a new home harder on them. My questions is...does anyone know anything about mini schnauzers and how would they do w/ my female yorkie? They've all been fixed so I wouldn't have to worry about any hanky-panky. Do schnauzers shed? Am I crazy to go from one extremely easy dog to 3 dogs? These dogs are around 4 hrs away from my house and I will take Sugar & my daughters to meet them if we decide to do this. Also, since these dogs are coming from a rescue situation am I right in assuming that they won't come w/ their cages, dishes, etc? I need to email the lady again to get more info so if you know of anything I need to ask let me know. Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!