Thread: The anxiety!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannie View Post
I received our booklet and entries for our first dog show today. It's in Lincoln, Oct. 6th & 7th. I'm having major anxiety attacks! lol

I keep thinking, what if Bingo gets excited and trips me up and I fall down! Please tell me I'm not the only one that felt this way their first time!
There have been other posts, other people asking about the art of showing your dog. And yes, there is the art of grooming, handling and presentation. What you must remember is we've all been there. And judges are very considerate of newbies and puppies.

I hope you've taken some conformation classes, for both of you.

As for anyone else feeling like that their first time.....YES!!!!!!!! and everytime I go in the ring.

When I began going to dog shows to see the yorkies, I just couldn't understand why the handlers were sweating, my goodness the yorkies are so small, what could be so tough. Well I found out, these little guys make you work, anticapating their every move, correcting it without anyone seeing you (you don't want the judge see you, the dog must appear completely trained). And, I now fully understand how they make you sweat.

Just have fun....enjoy, remember when you're nervous, it travels down the lead and you'll lose control of your puppy

Last edited by Mardelin; 09-28-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!