View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
ChattyKat
Yorkie Talker

Default Bark at the Park

Hi, all... Yes, we will have a meetup the same day. My sister and I run the raffle booth, so let's meet there at 2:00. Of course, you may stop and say hello anytime during the day. Last year, Latuya (Monica) came with gus... all 3 pounds of him, and a few others. The website is a little hard to navigate, but there is a Pet Parade put on by the Girl Scouts at 11 a.m., with prizes for the cutest Girl Scout Uniform, Peppiest Pooch, and Prettiest Pooch. Then, at 12, there are the man's best friend contests, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for each category... best trick, look-a-like, best singing dog, best dressed, and best human barker. Then, at 1, there will be a live auction, with winner's choice of a gorgeous pink or blue stroller, weekend getaways to Miracle Springs Resort Spa in Palm Springs or a Bed & Breakfast in Mendocino, a girl's bike, a year's worth of dog food (maybe a decade's worth for a yorkie!), etc. There are numerous raffles as well, with dog beds, carriers, baskets, etc.

This event is held at Lancaster City Park. You can find directions on the website, www.lancaterbarkatthepark.org, or you can email me - KathyBATP@aol.com . Lancaster is located about an hour north of Los Angeles off the 14. For those of you down south, it's well worth the drive. There's something there for everyone.

Hope to see a lot of you YTers there with your furry friends!

Kathy
ChattyKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!