View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #30
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonandhallie View Post
WOW! I'm a little surprised where this thread has gone. I believe Marci was just talking about the recent scares with toy recalls and certain treats that aren't good for Layla. It's getting fairly hard to trust anything anymore, especially for our babies. I think it's ok to make a list of things your baby can't have, that way you are sure to get things they can use.

I happen to agree with yorkiedaze on this one. The gift exchanges have gotten so expensive that I'm afraid if I don't fill up a box with expensive things and a ton of gifts people will judge me and compare with those that can afford more.

I've been thinking about these GE's for awhile now and I think it's great that people love them it just seems that it might be fun to try something new like having to make gifts and getting creative or donating items to those that really need it (like the shelters).

We all have our opinions and the exchanges are not going to change so there is no need for panic here.
Thanks Kimberly. I was getting really upset about where this thread was going..i just didn't want to seem picky when i listed things she couldn't have... that's all.. nothing more. I also feel so much pressure to get a lot of stuff.. my mom is always saying i'm spending too much... but i feel like i have to keep up... but also on a side note.. MANY of us buy stuff on sale!!! when there ISN"T a GE because we know we are going to have one soon! so while it may LOOK like a lot.. we may not have spent that much

- LOVE your signature
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!