View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
LuvmyYorkies2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Cottony vs. Silky

I too think Tillie is adorable no matter what her coat turns out to be....but if I may piggyback on your thread....

I too was wondering about the coats. I have 1 girl Diva who's 1 yr 4mos old and from what I've learned on here and reading Donna's post above, I believe she is soft-coated...cottony, can mat a little easier but also can look/feel and seem more silky. As a puppy, she had the whole wavy coat/teddy bear face.
Now my question is for my other little girl Foxxy. She's 5 months old and she doesn't have as much hair as Diva did as a puppyr. She has more of a narrower face then teddy bear and the hair on her body is pretty straight already(guess cause it's not that long). It is a little more hair on her legs and chest, etc and looks like it's trying to get wavy. Not sure what to call her texture yet...sometimes it feels more coarse than smooth but I'm thinking we're still dealing with puppy coat so I'm not reading too much into texture right now. Do you think her hair will grow in? Has anyone else had a puppy with thin or not as full hair that blossomed later on?

Does the hair grow longer if it's cottony/silky/inbetween? Nonetheless, I think a yorkie is a yorkie and they're all beautiful!!! I just like all the info I'm learning about them on this site.... Luv It!

I'm posting a pic of both Diva and Foxxy

Yolanda
Attached Thumbnails
Another coat question-diva-6-07.jpg   Another coat question-foxxyncarbed8-07.jpg   Another coat question-divaatdoor9-07.jpg  
LuvmyYorkies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!