View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #15
myteddybear
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomiland View Post
Well I have to do as much as I can do and not upset the balance that is within my home. To me that means she'll have to spend the night outside and not in the house. My husband is not budging on this.
I wasn't sure about the feeding part. I guess my thinking on that is if I feed her, she'd try to stay and not go back home. I never considered someone leaving her on purpose.
Isn't the humane society a no kill shelter? I am not sure what to do with the girl as of tomorrow. She is still free to come and go. My porch is an open porch and she isn't on a leash. I am also worried about her getting hit.
After work I will take her to my vet to have her scanned and take all of the suggestions and contact the shelters and paper.
Beyond this, I am not sure what to do.

She'll need better living arrangements ASAP. I am quite sure my neighbors are less then thrilled that she's howling on the front porch (on the plus side, she has quieted down in the last hour).
I have done a little research on the humane society in your area. Some will euthanize but the Cobb county Humane society does not. However, they mainly house cats and only occasionaly a couple of small dogs. The Animal control in Cobb county does Euthanize.

I have noticed that you are about 3 1/2 hours from me and if push comes to shove and you simply cannot take care of this girl until her parents are found or other suitable arrangements are made than I will be happy to come and get her until they can be found or I can rehome her. I will drive half way if you can meet me or if needed I can come the whole way. I would rather do this than see anything happen to her.

We can only do what we can do, and I know sometimes those hubbies are hard to get around!

Kim
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!