View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Nomiland
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteddybear View Post
I am sad to think that she will be left outside overnight. I would definately feed her. Not sure why you wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want her to just wander off. Who's to say she would go back home instead of say maybe being hit by a car or something else. Obviously she is used to baing taken care of and senced you were a caring person and that's why she hasn't left. I can't help but wonder if she hasn't been left on purpose. I just think it would be strange for someone to have lost thier little dog and not be out looking and nobody around you has seen her before.

I would take her and see if she has been chipped and notify local vets and shelters so if someone is looking for her they have a chance of finding her. You can also place an add in the lost and found in your local paper. I would never take her to the humane society or local shelter as she may end up being euthanized.

Just some thoughts.

I hope and pray she finds her home...
Well I have to do as much as I can do and not upset the balance that is within my home. To me that means she'll have to spend the night outside and not in the house. My husband is not budging on this.
I wasn't sure about the feeding part. I guess my thinking on that is if I feed her, she'd try to stay and not go back home. I never considered someone leaving her on purpose.
Isn't the humane society a no kill shelter? I am not sure what to do with the girl as of tomorrow. She is still free to come and go. My porch is an open porch and she isn't on a leash. I am also worried about her getting hit.
After work I will take her to my vet to have her scanned and take all of the suggestions and contact the shelters and paper.
Beyond this, I am not sure what to do.

She'll need better living arrangements ASAP. I am quite sure my neighbors are less then thrilled that she's howling on the front porch (on the plus side, she has quieted down in the last hour).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!