View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Nomiland
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Lost Dog - need advice

Ok, I'll try to be brief with this story.
At about 12 today I was driving home when a little white dog ran by my car in my neighborhood. I was scared that she was going to be hit, so I went home to park and then went to see if I could get her to check her tags. By the time I pulled in the driveway she was halfway down my street. She let me walk right up to her and she was really friendly. I have no clue what she is - she has the terrier face, but has a white coat. She looks well taken care of - no mats and is overweight so she must be well fed. She looks like an older girl that has a slight limp on her left back leg. Unfortunately she doesn't have any tags.
Well I gave her a bowl of water and I let her rest on my front porch in the shade. I was hoping that someone would come by and claim her. After about an hour I put a collar and leash on her and walked her as far as she could go (we went a few blocks) to ask those neighbors that were out if they knew whos dog it was. That turned up nothing. I then put her in my car and drove her through the next two neighborhoods over and again stopped those that were out to ask if they knew whos dog it was. Well, apparently no one has seen her.
I am not sure what to do with her. Tomorrow we will put up flyers, but beyond that, I don;t know what to do. I don't want to call animal control.
She has been living on my front porch for the past 4 or 5 hours. We even left for 2 hours to take my mother in law out for her birthday and when we got back she was still there. She barks and howls from time to time and seems to stir my others into a barking frenzy. I know my neighbors are not happy because many have came out with that pissed off look on their faces.

I took her off the leash, thinking maybe she would find her way back home, but she won't leave. I have left her water. I am not sure if I should feed her or not.
Of course if it was up to me, she would be in the house, but my husband is not going to budge on this on at all.

The only thing that I could come up with is to call the humane society and take her there when I get home from work. That is, if she is still living on my porch. Any advice on what should be done?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!