View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
PollyPuppy
Yorkie Yakker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellealberta View Post
Are you feeding her the same food your breeder was giving her? If not, you might want to switch back, and introduce the new food gradually. I wouldn't worry too much - it does take them a while to feel comfortable in their new surroundings, and it might be a little while until she eats normally.
Yes, I was sent with a small bag of the food she had been eating for the past 4 years, and she would not eat it for me. Yesturday she would not even eat chicken or anything else I tried to give her.

I suspected maybe it was because the old owners took her to the vet Friday and they told me that she ended up having some teeth pulled... I was right...

I took her to the vet this afternoon. She wasn't eating because she was IN PAIN from having "5" teeth pulled the day before I got her Poor baby. The vet prescribed a pain killer and told me to cook boiled chicken breast and rice in chicken broth. She ate it!! A lot of it!! Can you imagine how thrilled and releived I was???

I am to feed 1/2 cup of this to her twice a day until she gets to feeling better and then gradually switch her over to regular dog food. The pain killer I have to squirt into her mouth 2 times a day for 7 days. She does not like it ...but she feels tons better! I can tell.

I am just so glad she is eating now!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!