View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #1
labrown
T&T-DYNOMITE!
Donating Member

Unhappy Just gotta vent! MEN!

I posted this in the training session, but I'm now realizing that it is more than just dog training, but MAN TRAINING!! I am so torn and fed up!!

Ugh, I've got the worst problem, and it came to quite the culmination last night. One of my dogs is totally fine with sleeping in her crate at night. She was raised on crates, and has never complained. But my other dog, when I first picked him up, I put him in the crate for the ride home, and he barked nonstop. And this was two years ago! So every night, we put him in his crate. He used to make a big fuss right away, but has gotten to the point where he will be quiet for about an hour, and then starts whining. So, when he does that, I take him out and take him to the bathroom, he does his business, and then he goes back in his crate. But, he keeps whining past that point. I've tried squirting him with a water gun, and it used to work, until my boyfriend started sleeping on the side of the bed with the crates. He would use the water gun, and would tell me the next day that Tbone is completely soaked from him squirting him because of the whining. So last night, by BF got fed up enough, took him to the bathroom, and when he wouldn't go, HE PUT TBONE IN THE SHOWER!!! I was SO mad! Tbone didn't know what he had done wrong, and the BF didn't even bother to dry him off, just put him sopping wet back in his crate. I got him out and towelled him off, and let him sleep with me the rest of the night. The poor pup, I am afraid that now he won't even want to go to the bathroom (where his potty pad is) because he thinks my BF is going to throw him in the shower! Ugh! So I don't know how to get Tbone accustomed to sleeping in a crate at night, but I did say that from now on I am sleeping next to them so that never happens again! And the whole time our other dog Tina has no problems. Tbone has never found comfort in confined places, and I have to admit that he is quite the momma's boy. He has bad enough separation anxiety that most of the time he has to be sitting up next to my body. Needless to say, no one is getting a good night's sleep in this house except Tina, and it is driving us all crazy! What can I do???

My BF and I started dating 3 years ago, and we have lived together for 2. When we started dating, I knew he was immature, but hoped he would grow out of it. BUT HE HASN'T. He can be so dang rude sometimes just for no reason, and gives flippant answers to things, or can be so stubborn! It is really wearing me down, but our biggest problem is communication, so I don't feel like I can talk to him about anything rationally. He puts up brick walls, stops talking and listening, and I just end up griping til I'm blue in the face. Are we destined to a relationship where I nag and nag, and he ignores me?

WAAA!!! Sorry ladies (and gents), I just need to get it off my chest and I just moved to TX so I don't have any friends here who can take me for coffee and listen to me. It has been so hard adjusting, and I need some normal adult support!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!