Thread: camping dillema
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #1
orinskye
YT 2000 Club Member

Default camping dillema

Labor day weekend my family is taking a trip up to the JED smith river in northern california. We have two spots reserved right on the river and dogs are allowed. My fiance and i got into a discussion abotu our cat (we can leave our cat in the apartment with plenty of food and water and she will be fine) BUT he also mentioned that his mother would be happy to take care of toby ........ well....... this could drastically change things.... I dont want to flat out say it to my fiance, but i dont really TRUST my future mother in law to watch my baby for 3 days.. she has never been good about her dogs in teh past and toby tends to bolt if he sees an open door (and he doesnt come back to anyone but me and SOMETIMES my fiance)... so it is obvious that i dont want her to watch him, im just not comfortable with it...
do you guys think it is ok to bring him on a camping trip??? i know a lot of you guys camp, i think we are going to bring his crate, my parents have a tent trailer so we can leave him in the trailer (locked in his crate) if we have to leave for a short period of time and he cant come (which i dont see happening, considering it is mostly a "play in teh river" kind of camping trip)
What do you think? how have youre camping experinces come out? and waht kind of stuff shoudl i bring with me to make him as comfortable as possible?
orinskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!