View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
lara2913
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnarod View Post
I could not cook liver, NOR give it to Tricksie. I would never give raw meat to my baby. We don't eat raw meat.
Thats because we are human, we are descended from chimpanzees who are vegetarians. Hence our bodies are not made to digest raw meat.

Dogs are dogs, I know we all think of our yorkies as our babies but at the end of the day they are dogs and because of that we should feed them a species appropriate diet. They are descended from wolves, wolves live on a diet of raw meat, bones and other things they can find such as raw eggs. Therefore this is their species appropriate diet.

At the end of the day we all do what we believe is best for our furbabies. After trying lots of different dog foods, including many that are recommended on here and trying them on a home cooked diet I decided to try the raw food diet. I read books, spoke to people who have been feeding it for many years and searched the internet for information. Then I took the plunge and I can honestly say that they have never been healthier and happier than they are on this diet. A few months later and I am certain that feeding my dogs their species appropriate diet is the best thing I have ever done for them.

Feed what you are comfortable with and what you believe to be the best for your babies but please not do criticize others for doing the same.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face- Ben Williams
lara2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!