View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heycher View Post

It is SOOO frustrating!!! Are you using a Banfield? (we are and these are also included in my "plan"), but just because they are "free" to me, doesn't mean I want to shoot up my dog with them!

I am just INCREDIBLY THANKFUL that I have found this forum and that I'm doing my homework on everything before taking her to the vet. If not, I have NO doubt that I would have accepted all of the vaccines that they have tried so hard to push on me.
Yup - I'm on Banfield - I think they're GREAT for the 1st year, what with the neuter included. I think I pay in total around $320 for the year, including everything. Had I gone to any regular vet, that would've been the cost for JUST the neuter.

But yes, it is SO frustrating when I feel I am more up to date on the latest vaccine literature, over-vaccination information, and incidence/prevalence. I just don't get it. I know vets are busy, but it is shocking just how little they sometimes know about the latest information about published studies by their peers.

It feels confrontational sometimes as I advocate for what I believe is best for my babies, and it shouldn't be that way. Grrrr!

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!