View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benniesusie View Post
I am so upset. I have two male yorkies. The oldest is three and the young one has just turned a year old. The male thing has started. The older one just won't let the little guy do anything. I feel so sorry for him. Will this ever stop? I really love the little guy. I don't want him to have to live life afraid of every moment. I guess this is a natural thing so I don't scold the older dog. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am even willing to let my little guy go live somewhere else if that is what it takes. Please Help
Scold him! HAHA I have 2 boys, same age and (im assuming you are talking the older one humps the younger one??) Its a sign of dominance! One of my boys occassionally tries to hump his brother, I just say "NO!" and he stops! Now he hardly ever does it! I don't think you need to rehome in this case, I think you need to just take charge and use a stern voice on the older one til he stops doing this! If you are alpha dog, then the other two will be happy being equals.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!