View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
Dorianyorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
I have a situation that is very concerning to me. Let me start from the beginning; We recently lost our ten year old Yorkie to cancer. Most of you know this as I posted as we went through surgery, recurrance, and testing and then had to have him p.t.s. Our family has been devestated about this and so I called the woman that I got my Jersey from to see if I could put my name on her list for a future litter. Just in case, we may be ready.

Here is the problem I am having. 1. She lives in our neighborhood and this creates some difficulty in reporting, but I'm willing to do it anyway for the sake of the Yorkies etc. 2. Our Bella came from her four years ago. At that time I was extremely annoyed with her to say the least. Bella was infested with fleas and sold way too young. She told us Bella came from an accidental breeding. Acted as if she never bred before. At this time I chose to just discuss with her, how bad it is to allow her dogs to become so infested with fleas and to sell them so young. I did this as I felt sorry for her because her husband had a bad stroke and she worked full time etc. and I felt that perhaps all this came about because there was no one there to really give the care. She seemed honest and she seemed concerned with her dogs and was appologetic. Now the current situtation....

When Newman was diagnosed with cancer, I was devestated. Hubby and my sons saw an ad in the paper for Yorkie pups. It was the same woman we got Bella from. They decided to check her out again, to surprise me for Mother's Day. Jersey was fine. No parasites, healthy, no fleas. I figured she cleaned her act up and was doing the right thing. She was also using my vet who I trust and have had for 10 years. I don't think they are thrilled with her, as I found out when I took Jersey in for an exam. The papers I got from Jersey had the wrong mother named. Our vet suggested that I contact them and demand the right papers. I did speak to her about this and I was shocked that she actually admitted putting the wrong mother down. She said and I quote "I had to list this mother because the REAL mother is not AKC. She is (I think she said) ACA (or something like that). So what she did was falsify the papers. Honestly, I was pissed that she was not honest with me, but I only paid $750 for her and papers were never an issue for me. I still feel that the price was fair and she's beautiful, healthy and we love her and we had no intention on breeding her as she's six months old now and only 4 lbs. However, with all of that said, I still don't think it's right that she falsifies papers but would not have made an issue out of that except now due to the conversation I just recently had....

Now, the conversation that I recently had that is upsetting me so much. A few days ago, I called as I said to inquire about future litters and to see if I could be put on a list in case we may be ready then. I was told that so and so was pregnant and they did not have a due date yet but she was expecting. Well "So and So" (I don't want to say by name) is NINE YEARS OLD. She is Bella's mom. This to me is TERRIBLE! Way to old to breed a dog. AND, to make matters worse when I asked who the father was they said "Well blah blah is on the papers." And, I said "Well is this the actual father or just who is on the papers." I was told "I don't know. I only know what was put on the papers." This was the woman's son I was speaking with. He's a teenager and seems to handle most of the business now, since his mom is a nurse and father ill.

I'm feelling like this is a very dishonest breeder who is not only falsifying papers but also who is breeding dogs way too old to breed. The father is also around 9 yrs. old. Someone who does not care about anything but the $$ and I'm worried about the Yorkies she has.

The laws do not protect these dogs, but was wondering if or how to report them for falsifying papers. I thought by doing this, it may shut them right down and stop her from breeding these poor old gals.

I can't say the parents are not kept. They "SEEM" taken care of. And I say that loosely. Not to my standards but better then a backyard breeder would.

I'm really upset not so much about the papers quite honestly, but more for the poor dogs they are breeding so old. I don't know what AKC allows but I'm trying to see if I can report them in hopes of preventing them from breeding dogs so old.

Elaine

Well, my question is: Why would you buy a dog "AGAIN" from these people anyway?? I mean, you already knew the type of dishonest breeders...I mean, I do not want to be rude with you and of course I do not even know these people but if I would have had the type of experience you already had, I WOULD NEVER buy again from them. And YES I would report them to AKC!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!