View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

I hope you do your best and try and report this...but I too reported a breeder for unethical practices...Basically this breeder and I talked before the puppies were born, and she said she didn't know if they'd be pure yorkie or a yorkie mix. She said she didn't know that her dog was in heat, and found it tied with a rat terrier! Then the next day she took it to the stud dog, and they tied as well. Well, a few weeks later I talked with her again, and she said they were all pure yorkie, and I asked how she knew? Had she had then DNA tested already? And she said "I just know. I can tell!" which wasn't good enough for me! I brought up what she had told me before about the rat terrier, and she hazily denied all of that, but I know what she told me! So she was selling a multi-sired litter by two breeds of dogs, and selling them for a price and with the belief that they were purebred-along with the AKC papers! I was furious, and I reported her to AKC.

AKC told me that they would not even investigate it unless I had purchased a dog from the litter in question, had reasonable suspicion that my dog was not purebred, and then had it DNA'ed by AKC!

One would think AKC would be looking out for bad breeder behavior, but there's not a lot they can do unless they break the law, through fraud or some other actual crime It's sad!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!