View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #14
SONYSW
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
Gracie is 14 months, not teething and her teeth are fine. Last night and this morning she ate every bite using the small deep bowl. Tonight she only ate half, but she did not pick out the kibble. I think there is something to the size and shape of the bowl, not letting her have enough room to sort and peck.

It is normal. I have the same problem with Chelsea. She is the same age. From time to time she stops eating. I just take it easy and will give the SAME food that she has been eating on the next meal time and limit the treats. So, if she does not eat in the morning I will take the food after 10 minutes and give her again for dinner (if it is wet food I make a new one but the same food). Do not change the food or give something different, this will make her more picky. The other thing I notice that if you change the food, try to change it gradually. If she has been eating well and you want to change the food, try to mixed gradually. Abrupt change of food will not only cause stomach upset but make her picky.

I have been going through her hunger strike many times. As long as she is pooping, peeing and looks healthy I will not worry. She will eat eventually. Sometimes we also forget that we probably over feeding her with treats. My take "ooh, probably she will eat tomorrow" I also give her a little bit nutrical if she stops eating or have less appetide. It seems help her to stimulate her appetide.
SONYSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!