Thread: Help!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
LoveMyJake
I love Jackson too!
Donating Member

Oh, I hate to see you rehome Larsson, as she was there first. I would imagine that would be very hurtful to her since she has been with you for awhile.

I would keep them separated until they get more used to each other. When I had Lily, I kept her separate from Jake and only allowed them together when we could supervise them. Jake never tried to bite or hurt her, but he's not aggressive at all. He did get jealous, but the most he would do is get up on my lap while I was feeding Lily. We gave him lots and lots of extra attention, and he seemed like he was getting very used to her, and they seemed to really start liking each other.

When you're spending time playing with the new baby, try to include Larsson a little bit at a time, and make sure you give her lots of praise and/or treats when she seems like he's trying to play nice with the new pup.

I would give them time. When Larsson tries to bite or hurt Jinky, tell her NO very firmly, but don't yell at her or raise your voice. That just makes her more confused and might make her more aggressive.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!