View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #15
jeanief
YT Addict

Ok here is the final report. She went to the vet and picked up Mia. She has 12 metal staples but doing ok.

? anyone get metal staples for a C-sec?

She said she wanted the pups for a ecropsy(sp). He told her the dead animal pick up came and took the pups. (It was the end of office hours so I don't know how that happened...) Never was given the choice to see or get the dead pups.

He never told her why he thought the pups died or if they even took a breath. He would just say he worked on them for 1 hr.

He said that there was a small hole in her uterus and thought it was from all the Oxi he gave her and stated he gave her enough to put a large dog into labor. So without asking he spayed her. She wanted her spayed anyway be he told her no because of the milk. Never called to say we are in trouble here and have to spay or whatever. Not a phone call after all was said and done. She had to call him to find out what was taking so long.

She told me this morning that after the 3 shots of Oxi she saw a yellow stinky discharge. The vet never said the uterus was infected and Mia never had a temp or went off her food and she could feel the pups move on the way to the vet. I think Deb said, if there was a infection, the pups would be born with a scarlet belly and anitbotic could have been given. Nothing was said about infection just a small rupture in the uterus.
She left with Mia and her husband stayed behind to try to get answers and he was told to get out and pay your bill! He left alright but didn't pay the bill
She called th MN vet board to see if he had had any complaints and they told he he has had many and when they found out where she lived they knew right away what name she was going to give them for the complaint. So since the pups are gone we will never know what really happened. I am going to look around and see if I can find more info on infected uterus and if caught early what happens to the pups. So if any of you live in hibbing MN and need a C-sec PM me and I will tell you were NOT to go. Roxy told me to tell you all, thanks for the kind words.
jeanief is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!