View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
jeanief
YT Addict

Cry My friend lost ALL 4 pups in a c-sec.

A friend of mine called today and said that her dog was having some green discharge and today was day 64 from 1st breeding , day 59 from last breeding. she could feel the pups moving and mom never had any contractions. I told her green is not good and to go in to the vet. She went in and they gave her 3 shots of oxi and no contractions. She said she wanted to have her spayed after this litter as this was litter 3 for her and she was done. I told her that I had a spay done during a c-sec and to ask about having it done during her c-sec. She left at 2:30 and they told her to pick up Mia at 6pm. ( that she should be ready) I always stay and help but I guess they were VERY busy and didn't give her that option. She called 2 hrs later and said she hadn't heard anything, so I said, give them a call. She called me back and said all 4 of the pups were dead. What in the world happened? I found the things her vet said to her very odd.

1. He couldn't spay her because her milk wouldn't come in. ( not correct)

2. All pups look fine and normal, 1 was big and coming out cross ways so he couldn't be born. 1 he said had a long neck.. ( what ?, a long neck, very strange comment to me....)

3. He saw a spot on moms uterus, so he took it out.

All I can think of is to much or the wrong IV drugs. or didn't get them out fast enough. I have had about 4 c-sec in 4 yrs and thank GOD never lost a pup. They are a bit slower sometimes to get going.

Anyway, has anyone ever lost their whole litter during a c-sec ? She could feel them moving as she went in to the vet and they were not premature . Mia the mom will be ok ,but they are keeping her overnight. This is just so sad and I don't understand the whole litter not making it.
jeanief is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!