View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

sometimes it is hard to know how somoene "says' something when they type. i don't think that Donna meant to be rude to you perhaps you read that thinking she was and that changed the tone you read it in.

regardless... answering the question
Layla gets roughly 1/2 of food a day... her diet is mostly meat... some veggies and a little carbs.... she gets this twice a day sometimes three depending on how much exercise she gets. When i feed it to her, i give her a heaping tsp of her meat (whichever it is that dya... hamburger, veal or chicken) 3/4 tsp of veggies and probably less than 1/2 tsp of rice or pasta.... she sometimes gets cottage cheese in the morning or some yogurt.... there is always kibble on the floor and i just use that as a way for her to tell me that she needs more food.... like Suzy said about how many calories a dog needs.. she is dead on... however i find it VERY hard to calculate every day what she is getting... i let her tell me when she is hungry and feel her ribs ot make sure they are still there if they aren't.. we up the exercise and lower the treats
oh and be sure to suppliement!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!