View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
lorij67
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile potty training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
I think I would try stopping her food earlier in the evening, and maybe carry her to the door so she doesn't piddle along the way. Also make sure she has relieved herself before putting her in the crate.

Another suggestion would be to make her area bigger, and leave a pee pad outside of her crate, and take the door off of the crate, so she has either the crate or the pee pad and that's it.

Don't get discouraged just because someone else claims to have their yorkie trained at 12 weeks. Some of them take 6 months or even a year before they are 100%.

I am carrying her out the door to go potty but she starts peeing as soon as I start picking her up out of her crate. I always walk over to her calmly hoping that'll help her not get so excited but that's obviously not working. I'll try your other suggestions. I don't know if pee pads are going to work with her. I've tried and she just kind of stares at me then she'll step off and go on the floor. I'm persistant too but she's challenging me that's for sure.

Lori
lorij67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!