View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
lorij67
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Another potty training question!!!

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been reading as much as I can to help me train my new little yorkie. She's 12 weeks and the potty training for the past week has been difficult. I've seen other people say they have 12 week olds and that things are great. So I'm getting discouraged. She poops in her crate almost every night. I go downstairs as soon as she makes a peep at around 5:30 a.m. but there's usually already poop in there. She won't have peed but as soon as I'm taking her out she starts going. She does this almost everytime I take her out of her crate not just in the morning. But she's always dry and by the time I take her out I have a small trail of pee and a little bit in her crate. I also can't seem to figure out a pattern yet.

I also have a Bichon Frise that's 18 months old. I got her at 12 weeks and she seem relatively easy compared to this new puppy. Our bichon had some problems pooping in her crate once in a while but I figured out what I thought was giving her the uncontrollable urge to go (a certain dental bone) and also made her space smaller and that solved her problem. She's perfect now. I've always heard that Bichons were difficult to potty train so I figured if I trained my Bichon I could train my Yorkie. I'm really worried that this is going to be impossible. She just doesn't seem to get it at all most of the time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lori
lorij67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!