View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
Morkie4
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I do not recommend this procedure as barking is a means of communication for dogs with their masters as well as with other dogs. Unless there is a medical reason such as cancer, tumors, etc., this procedure is purely for the reasons of a human not wanting to hear barking. A very poor excuse to have it done!

This is a little off topic but shows why removing vocal cords is done sometimes on animals: I watched a documentary on wound healing from burns and the experimentation was being performed on pigs. They removed the vocal cords to prevent the squealing the pigs would have done when being experimented on. I saw this in my youth and I am an oldie goldie now and things may have changed with regard to pig experiments BUT............they were doing the test on pigs for burns and the healing process and care of burn wounds by purposely burning them without any sedation and observing them. It was one of the worse things I have ever seen in my life and still to this day, I can invision these experiments even though it was a short segment. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Last edited by Morkie4; 08-13-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!