View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
KathyinCali
Love My Li'l Lucy
Donating Member

Default Lucy spent the day in emergency yesterday...

and I still don't know what's wrong with her...Last Thursday I posted she threw up a couple of times. So I took her to the vet on Friday. He said to watch her and if she does it again or her eating/drinking changes to bring her back. He also put her on drops for an ear infection (which I had suspected). Friday evening she was fine, playing etc.

Saturday morning she was less active than normal and it didn't look like she ate much so I gave her a chicken stick which she ate. Later in the day she started sleeping - not too alarming but I have a hard time getting her to nap when we are home. The groomer came late afternoon and groomed her. It all went downhill from there. She would not stay awake, I couldn't get her to eat or drink. I spent all night watching her sleep checking to make sure she was breathing and took her to emergency yesterday morning at 8:00. They kept her all day and ran a million blood tests and they found was that her sugar was low and she was dehydrated so they pumped her up. I picked her up at 7:00 and got her to eat a little bit of hamburger but she wouldn't drink anything so Thomas force watered her a bit. Also some Nutrical. She is a LITTLE more active today but no where near her old self. I'm sick with worry.

Thomas is going home at lunch to check on her and our housekeeper is there with her today. What can I give her to make her eat? She wouldn't eat any more of the hamburger this morning but she did eat a TINY bit of her dry food. I've never given her much people food but I want her to eat no matter what!

Is it okay to give her Pedialyte to try to keep her hydrated? If she won't drink water what else liquid can I give her?

I'm hoping to get help from here
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!