View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 04:54 AM   #7
Teryn
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Get a stool sample to the vet and make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. It sounds like she might have giardia (a parasite) and meds will help quickly. Good luck and keep us posted.

I JUST went through this!!! To save you a lot of money in vet bills, get some metronidazole for Giardia! I spent over $800 trying to figure out what was wrong with mine!! They still don't know what it was, but I am almost positive it was Giardia and it sounds the same as your mess! Mine went on for over two weeks (vomiting and diarrhea) until one night all he** broke loose and I took Mia to the emergency vet! It was horrible! The vet thought it was food related at first, NOPE. They thought it might be an obstruction, NOPE. They thought it might be worms (even with 2 negative tests). They thought colitis or pancreatitis, NOPE. I had x-rays, blood work, stool samples, the works. But if you research it, mucusy stools are usually Giardia. Giardia often times doesn't show up on stool samples (didn't in my case). But, I ended up getting some fluids (injected) for mine for dehydration, I got some Pancur (dewormer) just in case it was worms, I got Metronidazole (antibiotic) for Giardia, and some Fortiflor (natural live cultures for digestion) to put on their food. After this treatment they are 100% better. I think the Metronidazole was all I needed though, but hey, better safe than sorry!

If you have any further questions, PM me!

Last edited by Teryn; 08-13-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Teryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!