View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #6
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixiepuff View Post
Cleo has been acting fine then a few days ago I awoke to sick all over my bed. I changed my bed got up and took her outside to see if she would poop or anything. She done nothing. This was at 2am. I had work at 6am so I gave her through to my mum to watch till I had to get up. There was no way I could phone in sick to watch her.

She was sick through the night and didnt sleep at all. By the time I woke up at 5 she was still awake and my mother was exhausted and she too had to change her bed as she was sick.

She started eating her dry puppy kibble so thought her episode was over as after she went to sleep.

I went to work and a few hours in my mum sent me a message to say she kept eating and being sick continously. I told her to take the food away, try to coax her to drink and let her rest.

She then didn't wretch or poop for ages. Till again through the night she was sick,this time just foamy bile. Then settled down to sleep. In the morning she just jumped up and ran to her pee pads and her poop literally just slid out of her. It also had a brown jelly like liquid with it. Gross.

She was fine playing all day, ate a little bland food, which I was advised to give her. After about 7 hours she was out in the garden to do her buisness when she started to bring up more foamy bile (with grass) She hasn't been sick since and this was around 16 hours ago.

She seems to be acting a lot better now, but she still isn't pooping regularly. Only done 3 in the past 2 days, which isn't very usual for her. The vet advises just watching her and keeping her on bland food. Which seems to be doing the trick. Just wondering if anyone had a similiar experience and had any tips?

With our bigger dogs its usually easier for them to get over something like a tummy upset, or eating something they shouldn't have. This is my first time with a little dog, and a tiny puppy! Any advice appreciated, especially about the brown jelly like liquid that came out with her poop.

Thanks!
i would get her blood work done and get a cpli test to rule out pancreatitis and i would have a bile acid test pre and post done on her as all yorkies should be tested for bile acid as vomitting can be liver shunt or pancreatitis - it is good to have a base line blood panel done when they are little and the two tests are add ons and i strongly recommend it and these little guys can dehydrate very quickly so if they vomit more than 3-4 times and weigh less than 4lbs they need to go on an iv - they can die of dehydration very fast.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!