View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
ferragame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Speaking from a breeder's perspective, I am more worried if the people that are taking one of my babies home will provide a good home for them than any amount of money (we've turned down a $10k offer on one of our puppies from a previous littler - we felt the person was more interested in having a Yorkie to show off then the actual Yorkie herself). A healthy environment is more important to me than any amount of money. I had to turn down quite a few people when we had our last litter because I didn't feel thier situation was right.

Also as a buyer, I don't think you should purchase a puppy from a breeder that you don't feel comfortable with. There is usually a very valid reason for this discomfort and if the puppy has problems, you'll always second guess your choice. It goes both ways in MHO.

Registration too expensive? I don't believe that line for a second. Registation is only a few dollars and any breeder should be willing to show proof of registration.

Good luck finding your baby.

Adalaid Lane just had her first litter last night. We expected four (according to the xray) and she ending up having five. All healthy. Three girls and two boys. One is already spoken for. She did very well and took to being a mom right away - cleaning and tending to her babies without hesitation. I'm so proud of her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!