View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #1
T Doll
Mocha's Mommy
Donating Member

Question Buy from a backyard breeder?

I've been searching to find the Yorkie of my dreams, and so far this week, there's been 2 heartbreaks for me I was 90% committed to purchasing a wonderful little boy here from Ksbiewers. But the more I thought about it, the more I was worried about having him shipped from Kansas to Canada. Not only was I worred about how he would handle flight, but I was also worried about possibly running into problems with customs or crossing the border. It broke my heart, but I decided to let him go and search for a local breeder.

I found some listings in my local area. It's pretty much like an online classified ad. I wasn't planning on purchasing from them, as most of them seem to be backyard breeders. But my sister and I just wanted to go take a look at what were going to eventually be getting. The first male puppy we saw was a darling, and it was super hard to leave without taking him home with us. But I thought that $1500 was way too much for an unregistered Yorkie that came from a backyard breeder. She also seemed to care more about getting rid of the puppy as soon as possible rather than finding it the right home

We then went and looked at a second puppy. There was a boy and a girl, and although we had planned on seeing the boy, the girl immediately caught mine and my sister's attention. We pretty much fell in love with her as soon as we held her in our arms. The problem was though, the couple selling her seemed pretty sketchy. It was a very young couple, both really nice and polite, but both didn't seem like the type of people who could properly raise a litter of puppies. The parents were there, but were kept in the backyard. My mind tells me to stay away from these "breeders" who just had their first litter. But my eyes and my heart are telling me take her home with me right now! lol. I went to bed thinking about the precious little girl, I dreamed about her all night, and I woke up this morning thinking about her some more!

I'm very torn right now...my mind is telling me to wait and find a reputable breeder, but I absolutely fell in love with this baby doll! Do I need to have some sense knocked into me, or should I just follow my heart in this situation? Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated
T Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!