Thread: Home for Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #64
deckedoutdoggie
Yorkie Yakker

Thumbs up you say it girl!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ View Post
Ladyjane, first and foremost, your response was vague (and came across a little snide) and when I asked for clarification, you avoided it. What I am saying is that your response (to the enthusiastic congratulations for the PLACEMENT of a dog through these avenues) suggested that it was "sad". When I asked for clarification, you did not say "the fact that this dog is being given away is sad". That would be a warranted response. If this was your first response to the post, I could see that being your explanation. Instead, you posted it was "sad" only after you offered the rescues services - an offer that was generous - that ended up being UNNECESSARY in this situation. There is a place for rescue...for dogs that can't find homes or that are homeless due to special circumstances. This dog found a home.

As a rescue organization, the fact that this person offered this dog through this message board (full of yorkie lovers) and found her a home, as opposed to taking her to the local shelter where she could be euthanized, should be appreciated, not criticized.

This person is not throwing her dog away because she can't manage her or that she can't give the yorkie the attention it needs. She's doing it because HER CHILD'S HEALTH DEPENDS ON IT. She couldn't send a memo to the uterus saying "no allergies please". Believe me, as one yorkie lover to another, she would have if she could.

I know all about RESCUE. I've participated in animal rights events and I've donated by automatic deduction on a monthly basis to puppymillrescue.com for 4 years now. I also adopted Tahoe at 10 years old (he's now 14), albeit not from a rescue organization. I was also approved for a rescue (after several applications to various organizations, for which many never even acknowledged my application). After meeting the 4 year old rescue dog and insisting that Tahoe meet him as well before adopting him, I concluded that they weren't a good match BEFORE agreeing to take him home. (Tahoe did not seem the least bit interested.) So, I know all about rescue. You can get off your high horse. You aren't the know-all here. Plenty of people who come here read, on a daily basis, all the stories and situations you're talking about. And it sickens us too, but when things turn out good, and in this case it seems that she found a home with a family who loves her, why bring it down simply because you've seen cases where it didn't. The dog has been in her new home for a year now. I'm not about to judge someone for doing the right thing in their situation or following the happy placement of a dog to a good home - a placement that avoided her having to go through the fostering system and the repeated shuffling from home to home and person to person. I go to the Maricopa County Animal Shelter occassionally just to pet the lonely dogs and cats and show them love. I know the realities. Don't act as if you know my experiences. You don't. You also don't know that I cry every time I leave that place. And the day when I see someone find a home for a dog and not have them put their dog in a euthanizing shelter, I'm happy.

This dog is happy in its new home and it's loved. What's the problem?

I read this entire thread and although this is old, I just HAVE to comment....
"way to go girl." This was so well written and to the point. My hats off to you girl.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!